Hiring: Foreman/Operations Manager
Now is your chance to join a growing business with a great working culture and passionate team in a booming industry!
Harkin Boat Building, based at Pine Harbour Marina in Beachlands, are currently looking for an experienced Foreman/Operations Manager who is a qualified experienced boat builder to join our dedicated, hardworking team in a supportive and family atmosphere.
Being a medium size company, our Foreman/Operations Manager is an integral part to our business. We require a leader who is honest, hardworking, adaptable, can multi-task, has excellent communication skills, a positive attitude and a real drive to help the business grow & succeed.
The role includes but is not limited to co-ordinating the flow of production through the workshop. Administer change within the department, keep up with technological and material changes. Provide a safe and efficient work environment for up to 15 staff.
Responsibilities (include but not limited to)
- Ordering Stock
- Managing the weekly team meeting
- Managing the bookings/scheduling of jobs
- Working on the tools on various projects as and when required
- Contractors, liaising with suppliers and clients, working with the Floor Manager to assign staff to tasks
- Ensuring health and safety compliance
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience as a trade qualified boat builder
- Able to interpret supplied plans, or create plans for repairs/alterations
- Proven leadership skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Exception teamwork and customer service skills
- Computer skills to a medium level
- Organisational skills, ability to multi-task and work well under pressure
- Positive, upbeat and can-do attitude
- Motivated attitude, keen to learn and develop skills
Hours of work are Monday – Thursday 7am – 4.30pm & Friday 7am – 3.30pm.
This role is for an immediate start. Must have a NZ Work Visa.
This really is one of those rare opportunities to work with a fantastic team and get a great work/life balance! If you think you are right for this role and have a passion for boating/fishing, then we would love to hear from you. Please send your CV and references to firstname.lastname@example.org
Pay will be based on the skills and experience of the applicant.
PLEASE NOTE – To apply for the role you must have NZ Residency or hold a valid NZ work visa. Alongside with a good command of the English language.
We would like to thank everyone who applies in advance for taking the time to send through your CV. However due to the expected number of applications, we will only be contacting candidates who have proven experience in the above areas.
Contact us now!
Feel free to contact us below with any questions you may have.